3 Turmeric Remedies To Boost Your Immunity
Turmeric! This Ayurvedic medicinal herb and wonder spice currently leads the top of the superfood crop, credited with anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, wound-healing, anti-arthritic, and even anti-cancer properties. Growing up, whenever we were sick with a cold or fever, we could always expect our Mom’s healing elixir of warm turmeric milk laced with black pepper—the cold did not stand a chance! So here we share our top three turmeric remedies for you to incorporate easily in your lifestyle.
The Active Ingredient in Turmeric: Curcumin
Curcumin is the main active ingredient in turmeric, which has powerful anti-inflammatory effects and is a very strong antioxidant. You can consume turmeric in three forms: raw turmeric root, dry turmeric powder or curcumin supplements. If you are new, start by incorporating ¼ to ½ teaspoon a day of quality organic turmeric and then gradually increase. Keep in mind, your body absorbs turmeric best when you pair it with black pepper/fats to increase it’s absorption.
Turmeric Benefits Validated by Scientific Studies:
- Anti-Inflammatory: Curcumin suppresses many molecules known to play major roles in inflammation
- Antimicrobial and Antibacterial: It reduces the growth of many disease-causing bacteria.
- Good for Joints: Turmeric excels as a pain reliever and treats inflammation of the joints.
- Powerful Antioxidant: It helps to bolster your immunity and fight free radicals.
- Healthy Digestion: It helps to support a healthy stomach, digestive system, healthy gut, and liver.
Three Simple Turmeric Remedies
1. Golden Milk
A warm and soothing elixir to have before bedtime or at any time of the day.
Ingredients: 1 cup almond or coconut milk, 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric, 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon, 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger, Pinch black pepper, Sweetener to taste (maple syrup, honey)
Combine all the ingredients in a small saucepan. Stir/whisk to mix. Heat over a medium flame until warmed through. Pour into a mug and enjoy.
2. Turmeric Honey Conction
Simple concoction in a spoon to keep all allergies and colds at bay.
Ingredients: A pinch of turmeric, A pinch of black pepper, A pinch of ginger , Honey (to taste)
Combine all of these ingredients into 1 tsp. of raw local honey. Enjoy and keep all allergies and colds at bay.
3. Yoga Superfuel Turmeric Chai Cookies
Who said you can’t snack to improve your immunity too? Our Turmeric Chai cookies made with the highest quality turmeric sustainably sourced from North East India will help you do just that. This cookie is made with a blend of quality turmeric with various chai spices like Ginger, Cinnamon, Nutmeg and a pinch of Himalayan Salt on a rich base of almonds and seeds. Lightly sweetened with coconut nectar (low GI), this cookie is loved by adults and kids alike as a healthy snack. Gluten Free, Vegan and totally delicious.
All the superfoods that went in this cookie:
- 39% Almond, Almond Butter and Seeds (Pumpkin, Chia, Flax, Sunflower, Sesame): Rich in protein and healthy fats.
- 30% Coconut: Rich in healthy fats and vitamins.
- 12% Banana: Rich in minerals and antioxidants.
- 5% Turmeric and Chai Spices: Anti-inflammatory and antioxidant rich.